Skip to Main Page Content

Ways to invest in ASU

Home / Ways to Give

Your Guide to Giving

Through Campaign ASU 2020, you can fuel the innovation and solutions that will shape our future. All gifts made to Arizona State University through 2020 are part of the campaign. Here is a guide to the ways you can transform individuals and communities through your generosity to ASU.

 Cash Gifts

 Cash Gifts

Cash gifts are easiest way you can affect change through ASU schools, initiatives, and programs of your choosing. You can make your cash gifts via credit card either online, or by downloading a gift form and mailing it to the ASU Foundation.

You can also wire gifts by downloading a wire transfer form and following the instructions on the form.

For checks, please print out a gift form, enclose with a check made payable to the ASU Foundation, and mail to:
ASU Foundation
Attn: Cash Receipting
PO Box 2260
Tempe, AZ 85280-2260

For more information on making your cash gift, contact us at onlinegiving@asu.edu

 Estate and Gift Planning

 Estate and Gift Planning

You can make an impact in support of ASU for years to come while supporting you and your family today. There are many types of estate and gift planning arrangements suited for your individual needs, including wills and living trusts, beneficiary designations, and gift annuities to name just a few.

For more information about these various estate and gift planning arrangements, visit our website or contact Tim Gartland at 480-965-2038 or giftplanning@asu.edu.

  Real Estate

  Real Estate

When you donate a personal residence, second home, vacant or undeveloped land, or income property, you may qualify for capital gains tax or income tax charitable deductions. Donation of a portion of your property is possible in some cases.

Please consult your attorney or tax advisor to see how your donation will work for you.

For more information about these various real estate gift arrangements, contact Randy Levin at 480-727-8520 or randy.levin@asu.edu.

 Tangible Personal Property

 Tangible Personal Property

You may own items that contain value that can benefit ASU’s mission while providing tax benefits to you. Rare books, works of art, unique collections, and other items of value can all be donated as gifts to ASU.

Please consult your attorney or tax advisor to see how your donation will work for you.

For general inquiries about donating tangible personal property of value, call 480-965-6468 or email giftprocessing-q@asu.edu.

Or, download our form for more information about donating tangible personal property.

 Intangible personal property

 Intangible personal property

By donating your intangible personal property, you can generate a sustainable flow of income for the ASU school, initiative, or program of your choice. Property such as copyrights, patents, and mineral rights are all examples of this unique type of gift.

For general inquiries about donating tangible personal property of value, call 480-965-6468 or email giftprocessing-q@asu.edu.

 Donor-Advised Funds

 Donor-Advised Funds

You can donate to multiple charities throughout the year and for extended periods of time with a donor-advised fund, a separately managed fund maintained and operated by a sponsoring organization. If you already have a donor-advised fund, you can recommend a distribution to the ASU Foundation in support of ASU.

For more information about how you can request the distribution of a gift to the ASU Foundation, contact the sponsoring organization of your donor-advised fund.

 Crowdfunding

 Crowdfunding

Through the ASU Foundation’s crowdsource funding program, PitchFunder, you can donate to support ASU-related projects, events, research, and scholarship funds. PitchFunder empowers you to support exactly what you care about amongst the breadth of ASU’s transformative schools, initiatives, institutes, and programs.

For more information on crowdsource funding at ASU, contact Abbey Hawthorne at 480-727-9998 or pitchfunder@asu.edu.

Or visit here for more information about current projects.

 Vehicle Donation

 Vehicle Donation

The ASU Foundation’s Vehicle Donation Programs allows you to donate your unwanted car, boat, motorcycle, or truck in support of ASU. Fill out the web form below, and the ASU Foundation will handle the pick-up. Your vehicle donation may also qualify for a charitable tax deduction.

Please consult your attorney or tax advisor to see how your donation will work for you.

For more information on how to donate your unwanted vehicle, call our toll free number at 844-400-ASUF (2783).

All gifts to ASU and its affiliates, endowment and otherwise, are subject to the ASU policy that allows 95% of a gift to be restricted to a particular purpose at ASU and the remaining 5% to be unrestricted for use to advance the university.